fash·ion

fash·ion [fash-uhn]

noun

1. a prevailing custom or style of dress, etiquette, socializing, etc.

2. the make or form of anything.

3. a kind; sort.


femme [ˈfem]

noun

1. a woman.

Monday, September 24, 2012

It's Ashley

Today I will introduce myself to y'all. My name is Ashley and I am an artist, a stylist and manager of a men's clothing boutique, and above all, a lover of all things fashion. Now, let's define what it is I mean when I say "fashion." Fashion is not just clothes and accessories, to me, fashion is life. The definition of fashion (as seen at the top of my blog) has many meanings. Sure, it can mean clothing and accessories, but it can also mean how things are made (i.e.he "fashioned" a piece of furniture), and different types of people (i.e. all "fashions" of people make up the world). To me, in a nut shell, "fashion" is another word for life. We are surrounded by all types of fashion, personal expression, wearable art, fine art, architecture, etc, etc, etc. You get the point. I believe that life is like making a piece of art, it's always changing and, no matter what we had planned, life will always "fashion" a new path for us. So, follow me along on my journey through "fashion" and "life" and how these two become one. Though, this is not to say that I won't be posting pretty baubles...because believe me...I WILL. I am a girl after all!
HELLO, MY NAME IS: Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment