fash·ion

fash·ion [fash-uhn]

noun

1. a prevailing custom or style of dress, etiquette, socializing, etc.

2. the make or form of anything.

3. a kind; sort.


femme [ˈfem]

noun

1. a woman.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Runway Pony

Whether you are running late, or it's just a "bad hair day,"
a pony tail is always a good option...that is, if it's FIXED.

I can't stand this trend of "I just rolled out of bed" pony tails. You know,
the ones that you see on most teens/college girls where it looks like they did every thing
in their power to make their hair look completely awful?
If it's going to be messy, make it messy with purpose.

Enter what I so lovingly call "The Runway Pony." A messy pony with purpose.

The "Retro" Runway Pony
 The "Retro" Runway Pony is what I do at least 3 times a week. I, being a Texas gal, love big hair.
But, I love big messy fixed hair even more! This is a modern take on a retro style. Tease your hair at the crown for volume in the back, pull out some hair in the front to frame your face (so you don't look like you are going to middle school prom with slicked back hair), tousle pony and front hair with spray wax, and finish with hairspray for hold!
------

The "Crazy/Messy" Runway Pony
 There is a very special place in my heart for the "Crazy/Messy" Runway Pony. As y'all know, my motto is, "The world is my runway." Therefore, I do this pony often! It's great for "day 2 hair" that was curled or braided the day/night before. I spray some dry shampoo, do a bunch of teasing at the crown and throughout the pony tail, tousle with spray wax, finish with lots of hairspray, and I rock this sucker like I am a 5'2" Heidi Klum! Trust me, it's fun.
------

The "Simple" Runway Pony
The "Simple" Runway Pony is great for every day and for the "Runway Pony" beginner. It combines both the "retro" and the "messy" in one. Do a small amount of teasing, add some waves for movement in the pony tail itself, tousle with some spray wax, and hairspray to finish.

Here's an example of me rocking the Runway Pony!
The "Retro" + The "Crazy" Runway Pony

No comments:

Post a Comment