fash·ion

fash·ion [fash-uhn]

noun

1. a prevailing custom or style of dress, etiquette, socializing, etc.

2. the make or form of anything.

3. a kind; sort.


femme [ˈfem]

noun

1. a woman.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Color Blocking?... Or Color POPPING!

Howdy y'all!
Today let's talk about color blocking...or as I like to refer to it,
COLOR POPPING!
Adding that unexpected pop of a contrasting color to an outfit is always a good idea.

Today (once again) it is my shoes. 

I am wearing this black and forest green, high-waisted, belted  Laundry by Shelli Segal dress:
I feel like the dress can be a little conservative or secretarial, so to jazz it up
I always pair it with contrasting colored heels! 

Today I chose my patent leather candy apple red snake skin pumps
similar to the Gianni Bini ones below:
This is a fun way to make an outfit, even if it's only two pieces, a bit more fun!
Then, to top off the ensemble, I am wearing jewel tone chandelier earrings with coordinating tones
similar to these (but deeper metals and stone colors):

And, if you have been following my blog thus far, you would know that the chandelier earrings
also double as a great "statement" piece to turn up the volume on any get up.

So all in all, this is a 3-piece ensemble, which would take about 5 minutes to put on and then you are out the door! Well, that is, assuming you've already done your hair and makeup!
Stay beautiful world!

No comments:

Post a Comment